Arlo is a mobile application designed to offer a convenient and effective way of monitoring your home and surroundings. The app provides a seamless way of controlling your Arlo security cameras, and offers a host of advanced features that enhance your security and peace of mind. Arlo is compatible with both Android and iOS platforms, and it can be easily installed on your smartphone or tablet.
The Interface of Arlo App
Arlo has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to navigate through the app’s features. Upon opening the app, you are presented with the main dashboard, which displays all the connected cameras and their status. The dashboard also provides access to essential settings, such as motion detection, scheduling, and audio recording.
The app’s primary navigation menu is located at the bottom of the screen, and it includes tabs for accessing the camera feed, library, mode, settings, and support. The camera feed tab allows you to view the live feed from your Arlo cameras, while the library tab displays recorded clips and images. The mode tab enables you to switch between different security modes, such as home, away, and disarm.
The settings tab provides access to advanced settings, such as customizing the camera’s video quality, adjusting motion detection sensitivity, and enabling push notifications. The support tab allows you to access the Arlo community forum, contact support, or access the app’s documentation.
Features of Arlo App
Arlo is packed with a host of features that make it one of the best security camera apps in the market. The following are some of the most notable features of the Arlo app:
- Motion Detection: Arlo cameras are equipped with advanced motion detection technology, which can detect movement within the camera’s field of view. The app allows you to customize motion detection settings, such as sensitivity, motion zones, and notifications.
- Two-Way Audio: The app’s two-way audio feature enables you to communicate with anyone within the camera’s range. You can use the app’s built-in microphone and speaker to talk to people at your doorstep, or to warn off intruders.
- Cloud Storage: Arlo offers cloud storage options, which allow you to save recorded clips and images to the cloud. The cloud storage service is available in several subscription plans, and it offers various storage capacities.
- Geofencing: The app’s geofencing feature allows you to set up virtual boundaries around your home, which triggers the camera to switch to a different mode when you leave or enter the boundary.
- Night Vision: Arlo cameras come with advanced night vision technology, which enables them to capture clear footage even in complete darkness. The app allows you to adjust the camera’s night vision settings to suit your preferences.
- Third-Party Integration: The app integrates with various third-party devices and services, such as Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and IFTTT. This allows you to control your cameras using voice commands, or to automate certain actions based on specific triggers.
Tips and Tricks for Using Arlo App
To get the most out of the Arlo app, here are some useful tips and tricks to keep in mind:
- Customize Motion Detection Settings: Arlo cameras can detect even the slightest movement, which can trigger false alarms. To avoid unnecessary notifications, customize the motion detection settings, such as motion sensitivity and motion zones, to suit your preferences.
- Enable Smart Notifications: The app’s smart notifications feature enables you to receive notifications only when something significant happens, such as a person’s presence, instead of every time there is motion within the camera’s view.
- Set Up Schedules: The app allows you to set up schedules, which specify when the camera should be active or inactive. This can be useful if you want to avoid recording footage during specific times of the day, such as when you are at home.
- Use Geofencing: The app’s geofencing feature allows you to automate your camera’s behavior based on your location. For instance, you can set up the camera to arm itself when you leave home and disarm when you return.
- Optimize Battery Life: If you are using a wire-free Arlo camera, it’s essential to optimize its battery life. One way to do this is by adjusting the camera’s video quality settings, reducing the number of alerts received, and disabling the camera’s LED lights.
- Explore Third-Party Integrations: The app integrates with several third-party devices and services, which can expand the functionality of your Arlo cameras. For instance, you can use Amazon Alexa to control your cameras using voice commands or use IFTTT to automate certain actions based on specific triggers.